7.19.2006


I think I had a robot visit me today...79 comments is the report I got, but funny - I only have like 25 posts! Where did the other 50 random bits of nothing that I am afraid is harmful go? Hmm.

Today I remembered something...something I used to live by, but somehow gave up in the last year. I am still in charge of who I want to be and where I want to go . I know it sounds so ... I dunno...pollyann-ish, juvenile, smarmy (there is an adjective I am looking for! What IS it?), but it's still true. This living in the internet world seems to give us a mirror to who people THINK we are, and it is easy to capitulate to that image. But at some point I think its important to buck that trend and continue to alter ourselves in the REAL world. I know I need to make some serious changes, and start dreaming some progressive dreams before those changes just HAPPEN to me, and there is no time left for dreaming.

So just who is it that I want to be? And where is it that I want to go? Hmmm...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sun is just rising over the lake and it is hitting the sides of the huge maple trees outside my kitchen window. Somehow I see that you are catching those rays too and are feeling the positive warmth and growth that sunshine brings with it. You are right...always remember that you control your destiny. Good morning my sunshine...love mom

Anonymous said...

I think it's important to know who we are. You are right. We can't neglect the real world. But then, is the blog part of the real world?

If you choose to show who you are, honestly, then it becomes part of who you are.

And part of who you are is what is seen by all.
I know a lot of us like what we see when we come here.
:)

Keep growing, Terri!

:)

Anonymous said...

I think you're really onto something here. My blog self is outgoing, fearless and strong, all traits I've been incorporating more into my actual self. Of course, I have no idea how that bitchy part sneaks in...

I think you're great - with or without a thong bikini :)

Anonymous said...

Apparently, when you think you're "all grown up", that would be just the physical. As we move beyond that, the real growing starts. I have heard that we come to terms with things and reach maturity, but I personally can't say that is true for sure......I can only hope.

In the mean time, you may as well enjoy yourself;-)

Terri G said...

Anonymous:awwww mom...you are making me blush! ;)

jorge: I think the blog world contributes to the real world. But I think it is very possible to live in the internet world where you have a chance to rewrite every word, to put your best face forward every time...to not have your body language speak for you. I think we are all a little different in the present than how we portray ourselves in retrospect. But I agree, by attempting to be brutally honest we connect with others on a very valuable level...I sure appreciate the cheers you do for me! ;)

Indi: Yes! Those are all the things I think you are! Except the bitchy...I would have used the word cynical, but a very light cynical.;)

Jeff: Let's you and I be Toys 'R Us Kids. Or twin Peter Pan's. Haha!

Oh Haiiiii!!

I was so afraid that my blog had disappeared- I mean, I haven't actually logged in for a couple of years, but still, shouldn't it be...