I have had a pool for the kids (I don't know why we call it Mommy's Pool) every summer since 2001. It's a ritual. Gathering up the kids for the Pool Gathering Expedition, hoping we aren't too late in the season to get the one we like the best (the kind that you just put water in and it rises by itself, but it's big enough to float two rafts in at the same time), reminding each other what toys we need to replace from last year, and of course, getting ice cream on the way home - it's the way we signify that summer is here.
The last couple of years were pretty rough on my Pool Time. (That's the time between 11 and 1 when I just float around and around and around on my green raft, doing nothing but listening to the neighborhood and daydreaming.) I was able to fit in a few weekend days...but not more than that. Workworkwork kept getting in the way. The kids enjoyed it, though, because mommy couldn't hog the water and ruin Pool Games.
This year it is a much different scenario. I work when it's NOT Pool Time. I tell you, it makes all the difference in being a Happy Terri...and not. Ha!
The only people not as happy as Happy Terri during Pool Time is, of course, the kids.
But, they are bigger than me this year and for some reason making me share. Boo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Army Crawl
This time of year is always a crap shoot - will I be happy? Sad? Sick? Depressed? Productive? What?? I lost my Grandma Louise on Nov 8th an...
-
Implemental Slumber , a photo by tielji on Flickr. In my mind, I am a terribly wonderful friend to have. Sweet, giving, understanding, e...
-
Okay...I HAD a dream. And it woke me up, too. I woke up shaking with fear that I had finally given in to the dark side of me and was going ...
-
Entwined Originally uploaded by tielji We are strands of barbed wire. With sharp words that shred and gouge each other, we try to protec...
1 comment:
How effing awesome is that? Terri making time for Terri. You go, girl. Makes all the difference in the world :-)
Post a Comment