3.01.2007

Q is for Quit

(my friends Ricky and Jeff from i69 opening for Slaughter)


So forgive me already. I am doing some fancy self-medicating...but I am NOT smoking. Nope. I am 39 days clean according to my "QuitGadget". A real long ways away from the success of my former quit - and I don't care. In the end, the only thing that matters is that I am not killing myself with smokes today. I prefer to do it with wine, apparently. :)

One of the best things about a Quit? Waking up every day thinking "I wonder what magical thing is going to happen to me today?".

Today it was an email from someone named Jeremy who saw some of my work - and wants me to do some for him and his production company. I am honored, and yet a little embarrassed. I still get nervous that I will let someone down once they get past my bravado and facade.

But it was magical, nonetheless.

5 comments:

patresa hartman said...

Heeeyyyyyy!

Congratulations on quitting smoking! And for turning 37, which is a really cool age! And someone put something in your drink??? I thought that only happened in the movies!

Welcome back. I'm sorry you've been feeling out of sorts.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud that you are not smoking anymore...how awesome!!!! You will do fine on your next photo gig...you always do.

I had to delete my blog over here. F'n Blogger won't let me sign in ever, ever, ever. I even deleted my account and made a new one with no success. I'm over at Wordpress now but I don't like it as well. Except for the fact that I can actually post over there LOL! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I still read yours and am glad that you are back. Take care!

Marla

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Smoking deprives me of time spent with friends in the grand scheme of things.

You wouldn't want to deprive me of time spent, would you?

I didn't think so.

J

ColleenQ said...

YAY, you're back! (our timing apparantly sucks ass...let's both stick around for a while, eh?).

Terri G said...

Ms.P! How are you?! I have been missing you...

And yeah...I thought that only happened in the movies, too. And to college girls...not middle aged mothers. :)

Marla: wow...blogging drama. That is how I got to blogspot from spaces! Every once in awhile, I will try to go back to my old space or visit a friend, and that experience of waiting for reloading and botched pages keeps me here for the long term. LOL

I don't care where you are, though. I will come visit!

Jorge: I wouldn't do anything to deprive you of anything. But you knew that...:)

Indi! I am so thrilled to see you and your perfect hair!

Everything okay? And yes...let's try to stick around for awhile. LOL

Oh Haiiiii!!

I was so afraid that my blog had disappeared- I mean, I haven't actually logged in for a couple of years, but still, shouldn't it be...