8.04.2008

Regret and a Gallon of Milk


How funny!

I run away from everyone and everything in order to just be myself and perhaps grow a bit...you know, get some stuff figured out and all that rot - and invariably, I start to miss the way things were.

That is quite the commentary on my whole life cycle.

I don't miss being married, though. What I do miss is having someone to help share in the day to day things. The chores. The bills. The groceries. Isn't that terrible??! I should miss having a friend and a comrade, someone to curl up with at night, someone to have coffee with me on the deck in the morning, etc.

Those are all the things that Mr. H wanted so much - and as it turns out, so did I. I just didn't want it with him. Why didn't I?

I was a terrible wife.

I am sorry.

3 comments:

Sher said...

If it is at all helpful, I can stick my tongue in your ear and peruse your boobies.

You weren't a terrible wife. You just weren't the right wife. Thats not your fault. You have to be you.

Sarah said...

I agree with Sher.

You are amazing. I'll have coffee on the deck with you any day.

I am envious of your ability to be so honest and vulnerable here.

terri said...

Yes, Sher, Yes! That will help tremendously!! :)

I hear what you are saying - not a terrible wife, just the wrong one. Even my ex would agree to that. ha! :)

Hi Ms Sarah~ I have been missin' you. I will take you up on coffee anytime, anywhere.

Honest and vulnerable? Ohhh...that is so much nicer that dramatic and self absorbed. Unfortunately, I am those things too, but please don't notice that, okay?

:)

Oh Haiiiii!!

I was so afraid that my blog had disappeared- I mean, I haven't actually logged in for a couple of years, but still, shouldn't it be...